Development: Telephone Skills for Selling IT Solutions
In today's market, it
is no longer possible to rely on referrals alone as a source of new
business development. In any case, many of the quality
customers are already using a competitor. IT sales
professionals must learn to use the telephone effectively to augment
their business activity. If you and your staff were like most
people, you would rather do anything than make a cold call. This
lack of confidence is indicative of a lack of training, which can
create a powerful resistance to calling prospective customers.
In just one day, our
Telephone Skills workshop teaches your inside sales staff how to
effectively use the telephone to secure new opportunities with
prospective customers. Participants will learn:
- The best sources for developing targeted prospect lists
- How to pre-screen companies to make sure they fit your target market
- How to ask for referrals and get them
- How to make the gatekeeper your ally in reaching the decision maker
- How to overcome objections such as "I'm happy with my current provider," "Send me some information," and "Your prices are not competitive"
- How to stay in control of the conversation and get the sale
- Why selling appointments is more than a numbers game
- How to multiply your prospecting effectiveness after each call by blueprinting the process
workshop time is between 3-4 hours.